Monday, August 18, 2008

Bloody Slurpee


Hudson wanted a Slurpee. Of course I am still working on father of year so I am once again willing to oblige. Not to mention I don't mind the taste of the sweet nectar. We wander in to the "Sev" and blocking our way to the Slurpee machine is a group of six pre teen girls. There is a little commotion going on and then one of the employee's hands a paper towel to one of the girls. She immediately puts it to her mouth. She is bleeding and dangerously close to my Pina Colada! I put my hand down to lean on the counter as I wait. I nearly put my hand on a napkin with a bloody tooth resting in the center. I was disgusted. My disgust quickly turned into to desire. I had to have a photo! I am fumbling with the camera on my phone when I hear this pre teen voice ask "Can you help me with this lid?" I look at the pre teen with a bloody paper towel in one hand and a Slurpee in another. I realize she is looking right at me. I then said "Are you talking to me?" She was. So I helped keeping one eye on the tooth. I think she saw me eyeing her bloody chiclet because she reached for it quickly and in her haste sent it flying to floor... tink... tink...tink bouncing across the "Sev". My dreams of this photo opportunity went flying with it. That's why I have this stupid picture. Sorry I couldn't share an actual visual with this one. 

2 comments:

Leyla... said...

I can't stop laughing! Did she get too excited and knock out her tooth on the handle of the Slurpee dispenser?

Nick said...

now that was a freakin funny post! definitely high 8 perhaps even a low 9.
I did get a few photos (with your phone) of that kid who appeared to be a member of the utah chapter of the trench-coat mofia that was in the knife store the other night at STM. if any turned out - post a few of those.. they could end up solving the next stabbing in North Draper!